Sunday, November 9, 2008

31 Things to do before Christmas – Stocking stuffing

(This is #26 of 31 in the 31 Things to do series)


Stuff, stuff and more stuff


Okay, I know I've said it before, but this really IS one of my favorite things to do at Christmas time. Stocking stuffers. It's just so much fun to fill up a stocking with a lot of little things that you really know will be used and appreciated. And the excitement of digging through a stocking and finding all the little treasures brings a smile to just about anyone's face.


The stocking

I've seen Christmas stockings cost from anywhere between free to $10 or more. I bought nice stockings for my family one year and told them to save them, keep them nice and return them to me to get them refilled for next year. That may sound harsh or cheap but I see no reason to keep buying a new one every year. If you do buy them, you can pick them up at the dollar store for a dollar.


The stuffings

Stocking stuffers are so easy, probably the easiest shopping you can do for anyone. Just get a bunch of little things that you know that person likes or uses. Here's a list of items I've stuffed in Christmas stockings and other common items that don't cost much money.


  1. Gum and Candy - Candy canes, small chocolates, candy bars, bubble gum.

  2. Lotions - small, travel sized. You can even use those that you get from hotel stays.

  3. Lip gloss or ChapStik

  4. Nail clippers

  5. A Pair of socks

  6. Small container of hand sanitizer

  7. Small pack of tissues

  8. Nail polish

  9. Body spray

  10. A ball or other small dollar toy for kids

  11. Pencils or pens

  12. Barrettes

  13. Comb and/or brush

  14. Inexpensive fashion jewelry

  15. Knit gloves or caps (you can get these for about $1 each)

No comments: